(McMaster), M. Math (Waterloo), PhD (Waterloo)
My research interests include the development and application of statistical methods for public health. Specific areas of interest include the analysis of life history data, longitudinal data, incomplete data, missing/incomplete data, sequential methods, multivariate analysis, clinical trial design, and the assessment of diagnostic tests. For more information, please see my Research Interests.
I welcome inquiries from strong students interested in graduate studies or post-doctoral fellowships.
Tel. 519.888.4567 x.35549
Selected Recent Publications
- COOK RJ, YI GY AND LEE KA. Sequential testing with recurrent events over multiple treatment periods. (Statistics in Biosciences, 2010 - in press).
- COOK RJ AND BERGERON PJ†. Information in the covariate distribution in prevalent cohort samples. (Statistics in Medicine, 2010 - in press).
- COOK RJ AND ANDERSEN PK. Recurrent Event Analysis (Editorial). (2010, 2 pages; Lifetime Data Analysis - in press).
- SMITH MR, COOK RJ, LEE KA AND NELSON J. Disease and host characteristics as predictors of time to first bone metastasis and survival in men with progressive castration-resistant nonmetastatic prostate cancer. (Cancer, 2010 – in press).
- YI GY, ZENG L† AND COOK RJ. A robust pairwise likelihood method for incomplete longitudinal binary data arising in clusters. (2010, 28 pages; Canadian Journal of Statistics - in press).
- EDER L, CHANDRAN V, SHEN H†, COOK RJ, SHANMUGARAJAH S, GLADMAN DD. The incidence of arthritis in a prospective cohort of psoriasis patients. (Arthritis Care and Research, 2010 - in press).
- BROWN JE, COOK RJ, LIPTON A, COSTA L, COLEMAN RE. Prognostic factors for skeletal complications from metastatic bone disease in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 2010, 123, 767–779.
- CHANDRAN V, COOK RJ, EDWIN J, SHEN H†, PELLETT FJ, SHANMUGARAJAH S, ROSEN CF AND GLADMAN DD. Soluble biomarkers differentiate patients with psoriatic arthritis from those with psoriasis without arthritis. Rheumatology, 2010, 49 (7), 1399–1405.
- CHANDRAN V, TOLUSSO DC†, COOK RJ AND GLADMAN DD. Risk factors for axial inflammatory arthritis in patients with psoriatic arthritis. Journal of Rheumatology, 2010, 37 (4), 809–815.
- CAIRNS JA, YUSUF S, COOK RJ, COX J, DAGENAIS GR, DEVEREAUX PJ, MCALISTER FA, MCCREADY T
FOR CANNECTIN. Canadian Network and Centre for Trials Internationally (CANNeCTIN): a national network
for Canadian-led trials in cardiovascular diseases and diabetes mellitus. Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 2010, 26